ARIANE rescue winch -
The ARIANE rescue winch serves to evacuate passengers if an aerial tram stops working
Entirely developed by PAILLARDET, in cooperation with SETAM, the ARIANE rescue winch serves to evacuate passengers if an aerial tram stops working.
This rescue system allows:
- a quick evacuation compliant with regulations for aerial tram cars with a great than 100 person capacity,
- a 2/m per second descent speed for a comfortable evacuation,
- speed control for lift off and landing and a safety system (similar to a "dead man") using a dual floating disc brake system with manual controls,
- the option of hoisting people into the tram car (medical personnel, a second tram technician,…).
Type of innovation :
ski area operators
Tourist site :
Start date: winter 2015
Design and R&D location: TOURS EN SAVOIE, FRANCE
[ Advantages ]
- Economic benefits : optimize operational costs
- Social impact : maintain existing jobs, use local subcontractors
- Environmental impact : no energy consumption, avoids the need for a helicopter.
[ Company value-add ]
Maintenance, feasibility study (technical, legal, market…), development, industrialization / manufacturing, sale and installation